How Will Your Information Be Stored?
- Securely! All your paper based personal information will be stored in my lockable filing cabinet. It’s fireproof and is housed in my home office.
- Any files which are provided by electronic means, such as Word, Excel or PDF will be stored on an encrypted drive and also stored in my lockable filing cabinet.
Who will access your information and what access will be provided?
- Your personal information will only be used for the purpose of which it is collected.
- It will only be viewed by yourself either during a meeting, on rehearsal day and your wedding day.
- As your marriage celebrant, access to your information will be shared only with the Attorney General’s Department at the time of lodgement.
- Your information will not be disclosed except with written authorisation from yourself specifying the recipient and reason.
- Personal information will not be sold or passed on to a third party.
How your information will be safeguarded.
- All records will be protected and guarded against loss, unauthorised access and use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse.
- My designated computer has the appropriate industry standard protection software to protect from any bugs or hacks.
What happens if there is a breach of your confidentiality?
- All reasonable steps and measures are in place to protect your privacy.
- Should a breach occur, all involved parties will be notified immediately and advised of the situation and breach of information.
- A full investigation of how and why the breach occurred will be investigated and an outcome provided in writing as to its findings.
- At any point, a complaint can be made directly to the Attorney General’s Department.